Seltzer season is back, baby! And while we love our seltzers (seriously, we’ve tried them all), we know that when it comes to drinks, you need a little something new every once in a while.
Explore new drink recipes this summer without abandoning your favorite hard seltzer. These recipes find new and innovative ways to drink your seltzer—with some added pizzazz.
From mojitos to rosemary concoctions, check out these creative recipes using spiked seltzer.
5 Hard Seltzer Drink Recipes to Try This Summer
1. Drop Shot Claw
From Sake to Jaeger, we love our shot bombs. To construct this fun party classic, check out this recipe from Inspire Travel Eat. All you need to do is:
- Pour 1 can of White Claw or your favorite hard seltzer into a glass.
- Add ½ oz amaretto and ½ oz flavored rum into a shot glass. Mix gently.
- Drop the shot glass into your glass of seltzer, and drink up!
2. Spiked Seltzer Mojito
Shake up your classic mojito by adding in a spiked seltzer. With this recipe from EatingWell, you’ll transform a plain old spiked seltzer into the fresh cocktail we know and love. To get started:
- Muddle 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar, ½ oz lime juice, and 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves in a cocktail shaker.
- Add 3 oz limeade and 1½ oz white rum, shake vigorously.
- Strain the mix over your favorite cup and add ice.
- Top with plain spiked seltzer and garnish with mint leaves. Delish!
3. Absolut’s Hard Seltzer Mix
Ditch the store-bought brands and make your own hard seltzer at home! Surprise your friends with this awesome drink from Absolut. Let’s get started:
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add ¾ oz vodka and pour over plain soda water (you can substitute the plain seltzer for hard seltzer here if you’re feeling extra drink-y).
- Squeeze lime juice, stir, and garnish with a lime wedge. You’ve got yourself some hard seltzer from scratch!
4. Spike Seltzer Rose Collins
- Combine 6 tablespoons sour mix, 1 oz rose syrup, 1 teaspoon Campari, and 3 tablespoons vodka into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously until chilled and add your favorite hard seltzer.
- Garnish with sliced lemon wheel sprinkled with sugar. Enjoy!
5. Ruby Grapefruit and Rosemary Sparkling Seltzer
If you’re looking to fix a gluten-free, low-carb, but creative seltzer drink, try this rosemary-infused grapefruit cocktail. Check out the full recipe on Foodness Gracious.
- Place 1 large rosemary sprig into a large pitcher and pour 12 oz of grapefruit hard seltzer inside.
- Add 1 bottle of chilled Prosecco and mix.
- Pour the mix into highball glasses over ice and top with another splash of hard seltzer.
- Slice one large grapefruit in half and cut one of the halves into wedges. Squeeze the other half into the glasses.
- Place the wedges on the glasses and garnish with a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy your spiced-up seltzer!